Next time you think about getting a pet, just visit the nearest shelter and ask for the loneliest one, the one who has been there the longest, wanted by no one. Then let that one go home with you.
We are not a shelter. Nor are we affiliated with any. We are not a company. Nor are we affiliated with any. We are not an organisation. Nor are we affiliated with any. We are a summons. For the loneliest one.
And here is how it all began, the headline read … Surrendered 18 yr old dog clings to kind woman at shelter … and that was all it took.
“When we love the ‘least’ … we truly love,” Tom wrote in accompaniment of the article when posting it on his Facebook and Mia responded quickly –
“How about starting a movement? We can call it ‘The loneliest one’. We can spread the word about when at the shelter, you should ask for the one that´s been there the longest, instead of always going for the cutest one. All the old and forgotten would get picked first! Aaaahhh lovely dream …”
And of course Tom was immediately hooked. We were hooked. We had our Purpose. We had our Why. So here it is … #theloneliestone.
Our mission … to encourage people to save the loneliest one in the shelter.
- If you are interested in rescuing a shelter animal, please ask for the one that’s been there the longest.
- If you know of someone else who is interested in rescuing a shelter animal, please encourage them to ask for the one that’s been there the longest.
- If you have not considered rescuing a shelter animal, please consider sharing your love and saving the one that’s been there the longest.
- When you share those sad or inspiring animal posts, memes or videos, please use the hashtag #theloneliestone.
- Please share this website with all your friends via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, or other social media or Email using the hashtag #theloneliestone and ask them to do the same.
The loneliest one thank you all for sharing and caring!